Sunday, March 22, 2009

Thrift shopping in time of the big R

I often frequent the thrift stores last year in search of any vintage items or one of a kind antique stuff. My favorite is the Goodwill store which is in close proximity of our condo. I've gotten hooked because some people find real good stuff. You can even find new stuff with a tag on it. Last Christmas, m cousin luckily bought a new placemat which is originally purchased at one of the pricey homestore.

Since I've been busy for the past few months reviewing for a major exam, my "hobby" was put on hold. Then last Friday while passing by the store on my way to the grocery store, I saw a sign saying that they were on 50% off sale. I was so shocked to see how busy the store is. People were really filing up their carts. It only took me 30 minutes to browse because I can't stand the crowd and I got an old silver teapot from Italy and so happy with my hunt. But I almost give up of that pot because of the line up. It probably took me more than an hour to the cashier. What struck me most is, even people with money go to this store nowadays just to find bargain. It amazes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment